Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Half Way There!!

I know, I know. You probably thought I'd given up by now. There's no way she could still be going after all this complaining! Well I am. It's been a few weeks since the last post. So sue me! :)

I've just begun week 7 which means I'm officially half way through the program and it's still tough as all hell. I've definitely gotten better at some things. Yoga is first on that list even though I still dread it.

My friend taught me how to make the recovery drink and boy is that a Godsend. Sometimes I crave it throughout the day but I know I can't drink it without working out thus it gives me a reason to workout. We have a weird relationship. They talk about the recovery drink at the end of each workout and I used to just ignore it, but apparently it really works. It helps your muscles to recover so that you don't feel like such a big blob of soreness the next day. Basically it's just a mega portion of protein. I got a whey protein mix from Walmart for like $15 and it's vanilla flavored. You can really just put it in water and drink it, but I think that would be a task more than a treat. I create a shake. My ingredients are frozen fruit and soy milk. My favorite combos are kiwi and pinapple or just plain sweet black cherries (since the mix is vanilla it takes like cherry vanilla ice cream). Talk about a recovery!! You're supposed to have it between 15-60 minutes after your workout. I get it made and digested within 10. Yep no shower involved. I can't resist!

Anyways I'm almost to my second set of pics and I think I will show a sample. I definitely won't post the sports bra pics :-/ but I took a picture right before I started this program on my birthday (as shown above) and as you can see, I had on a rather fitted dress. I think I will put it back on and show the comparison. That'll be in 2 more weeks. So I've gotten down 15 lbs but I had a little gathering at my place Sunday and ate massive amounts of pizza, cupcakes, wine and watermelon (great combo). That set me back about 5 lbs. I would have never thought that one night could do that much damage! Since I never paid attention to it before I guess I would never know. That won't happen again... Maybe.

Well til day 60...

Yakan sumba

No comments:

Post a Comment