Tuesday, August 31, 2010

End of Week 1

I've been a little lazy with posting lately, but I had to tell about the last 2 workouts of Phase I: Legs and Back and Kempo X. I actually missed Legs and Back on Friday because I was pretty busy, so I did it Saturday morning when I woke up and then I did Kempo X later that evening.

Legs and Back like everything else is tough. This is a series of lunges, squats, excrutiating tippy toe routines, every muscle you can think of in your legs are being forced to work. There's one move that was the worst ever. I forgot the name of it, but the pain spoke volumes. He forces you to squat against the wall for thirty seconds. Again 30 seconds may sound like no big deal. What's a half minute right? WRONG again! And to add insult to injury, he makes you go BACK and do it again after a series of different painful leg excercises and apparently just sitting there wasn't good enough the first time. He makes you do it lifting one leg this time. 30 seconds on EACH leg. Just thinking about the pain makes me giggle. It's some tough stuff.

The next day I had to do Kempo X. This turned out to be a really fun boxing class. We were kicking major butt in my bedroom. Jabs, uppercuts, hooks, back kicks, forward kicks, three way kicks, etc. I didn't know I had so much pent up aggression and some people really got it. It was a release and to say I sweat would be an understatement. It was more like pouring. I couldn't wear my sweat band for my waist because I may have just passed out. I figured out that I'm not as poised with my left hand as with my right. When it's time to switch hands, it's really difficult and I felt really silly. Extremely ungraceful (bowing my head in shame). He does it slow enough for you to try to get your brain to get off the 3 shots of vodka it feels as though you just took, but soon after he picks up the pace and that's when all hell breaks loose. The workout was intense, but it was definitely a good time.

On Sunday I had a choice between resting or doing X-Stretch. I chose to rest because I was busy, but I will definitely do it this coming Sunday.

I'm also excited because I was able to convince a few people to endure the torture with me and they started last night! So now we get to share our funny stories and feel each other's pain. I even have my bestie in North Carolina along for the ride. I'm excited to see how long everyone sticks with it and of course the end results.

Week 2 here I go!

Küsse

Oh by the way, I lost 5 lbs! Yay me!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing awesome!! You definitely need to come up with a reward system every week so you'll have something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the 5 pounds! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am every bit as proud of you as I am sore. Which is a lot.

    ReplyDelete